23 Dec 2019 (NewswireOnline) Ranchi: The process of counting of votes for the 81 assembly seats of Jharkhand is going on from 8 am. The Election Commission has made security arrangements at all district headquarters. The first result is expected around 1 pm.
LIVE UPDATES: –
– Babulal Marandi ahead of Dhanwar seat by 2841 votes
– Back of AJSU’s Sudesh Mahato Silli seat, Seema Devi of JMM ahead by 284 votes
– Hemant Soren Dumka ahead of the seat, behind Barhet
– JMM + 2 seats away from majority in trends
– Manipulation of government formation in Jharkhand begins, BJP contacts AJSU-JVM
– Counting of votes for first round completed, BJP ahead in 11 seats, Congress on 7
– BJP candidate Dinesh Oraon from Sisai seat and JVM leader Pradeep Yadav ahead of Podaihat seat
– BJP candidate Neera Yadav from Koderma seat and BJP’s Anant Ojha ahead of Rajmahal seat
– Hemant Soren trailing in both the seats
– AJSU’s Sudesh Mahato can be kingmaker
– Chances of becoming a hung government in trends
– AJSU’s Lombodar Mahato leads Gomiya seat
Party wins BJP 24 00 JMM + 45 00 JVM 3 00 AJSU 4 00 Other 5 00
Chief Electoral Officer KN Jha said that counting of votes will be held at all the 24 district headquarters. In the process of counting, the first ballot ballot will be counted. On this, the QRR is the cadet, which will be scanned first, then counted. For the counting of votes, 26 tables have been placed at Hatia and Seraikela. There are different rounds for counting votes. Torpa and Chandankiyari will have the lowest 13 round count. With this, Chatra will have the maximum count in 28 rounds. The second round will start counting after the report of each round is final. At every counting table, there will be a counting assistant, counting supervisor and counting micra observer. Final results will be released only after matching VVPAT.
On the counting day, the hot seat which will be the center of attraction will be Jamshedpur East. Chief Minister Raghuvar Das has been winning this seat since 1995. He was elected against former cabinet colleague Saryu Rai. Saryu Rai rebelled after being cut off from the party. Along with this, other important seats are Dumka and Barrett, from where JMM Executive President and former Chief Minister Hemant Soren contested. He was pitted against Social Welfare Minister Lewis Marandi in Dumka.
Former chief minister and Jharkhand Vikas Morcha president Babulal Marandi is contesting from Dhanwar assembly seat. AJSU president Sudesh Mahato, who lost the 2014 assembly elections, is trying his luck again from Silli seat. Thus the reputation of many veterans is at stake in these elections. Exit polls indicate an edge to the JMM and the Congress alliance. The BJP, however, is confident of returning to power.
Explain that Jharkhand assembly elections were conducted in 5 phases. First phase polling on 13 seats on 30 November, second phase polling on 20 seats on 7 December, third phase polling on 17 seats on 12 December, fourth phase polling on 15 seats on 16 December and fifth and final phase polling on 16 December. 16 seats were concluded on 20 December.